If you are looking for a way to restore youthful glow to your face without going under the knife, you are not alone. In 2020, over 13 million non-surgical cosmetic procedures were performed. Here at Lakeside Medspa, we have the tools and expertise to help you reach your anti-aging goals without surgery with what has come to be referred to as a non-surgical facelift.
What is a Non-Surgical Facelift?
A Non-Surgical Facelift utilizes a combination of minimally-invasive techniques to rejuvenate the face, restoring youthful appearance by addressing wrinkles, restoring facial volume, improving skin tone and texture, and lifting/tightening sagging skin.
Components of a Non-Surgical Facelift
At Lakeside Medspa, we assess your skin, your goals, and your unique bone structure to create a custom plan for you using a combination of the following procedures.
- Botox: By temporarily preventing the signal from nerves within your muscles, botox stops the contraction of targeted muscles within your face. When these targeted muscles cannot contract, they relax and smooth out signs of wrinkles and lines within the skin, providing younger, flawless results. Botox can also be used to relax muscles in the face to lift sagging brows.
- Dermal Filler: Dermal fillers are soft, gel-like substances that are injected just under the skin and adjacent to facial structures. The main ingredient in Dermal Fillers is actually a naturally occurring substance found in the body – Hyaluronic Acid (HA). When injected, fillers mimic your natural HA and address a variety of concerns such as sagging cheeks, volume loss in the lips and face, under eye circles, fine lines and wrinkles.
- Exosomes: Exosomes are credited with cell-to-cell communication and with helping cells to repair by transferring RNA, vital proteins, and growth factors from cell to cell. Healthy cells send exosomes to damaged cells, helping the damaged cells to repair themselves. Exosomes result in a 6-fold increase in collagen levels and a 300% increase in elastin levels. This significantly improves acne, sun damage, stubborn wrinkles, sagging skin, age spots, and uneven texture.
- Kybella: This cosmetic injectable can eliminate your double chin for good and help transform your jawline and chin profile for a more contoured appearance.
- Lumenis Smooth Glo: The Lumenis Smooth Glo is an exclusive treatment protocol combining modalities that are used for a host of skin procedures. It works by implementing sequential treatments with IPL (intense pulse light) and RF (radio frequency) microneedling. This promotes the regeneration of collagen and elastin fibers in the superficial as well as the deeper dermis.
- Microneedling: Microneedling creates “micro-injuries” that put the skin in “repair mode” and cause it to repair itself and produce new collagen through a process called dermal remodeling. In other words, inflammation from the micro-injuries stimulates the skin to produce new collagen. Microneedling is a vital part of our non-surgical facelift program, because it addresses fine lines and wrinkles, and leaves skin tighter.
- Peptide Injections: This cutting-edge service harnesses the power of peptides (the building blocks of protein, collagen, and human growth hormone). By injecting these building blocks, we give the body what it needs to function optimally, heal itself, and fight aging!
- Sculptra: Like its hyaluronic acid-based comrades (Juvederm, Kysse, Restylane,etc.), Sculptra is injected into the skin to increase volume and reduce wrinkles. However, the PLLA sets it apart. PLLA stimulates collagen production and actually helps the body to bring back its soft, youthful appearance. Other fillers merely add volume, while Sculptra encourages the organic production of collagen to restore volume.
- PDO Threads: PDO Threads work by being inserted into the given facial area, parallel to the surface, and are then pulled upward to lift the sagging skin. It provides natural-looking, visual effects similar to a facelift but without the surgery. There’s no need for an incision since only the threaded needle is inserted into the skin, lifting and providing structure to various areas of the face. PDO Threads can be used in the following areas: Eyebrows, Corners of the eyes, Neck, Under the eyes, Cheeks, Jawline, and Mouth. PDO Threads instantly lift and tighten the skin, while also promoting collagen production to renew your skin at the cellular level. This allows for an improved look over time.
Pros of a Non-Surgical Facelift Alternative:
- Fast: When performed separately, each procedure that makes up the non-surgical facelift can be completed during your lunch hour, thus eliminating the need to take time out of your busy life!
- No Downtime: Other than minor redness and the possibility of bruising, there is almost no downtime associated with the non-surgical facelift. You will likely be back to work the same day, while a surgical facelift requires up to 14 days of recovery time.
- Little Pain: There is minimal discomfort associated with the non-surgical facelift!
- No General Anesthesia: If you’re nervous about going under anesthesia, rest assured! We will numb the treatment area when necessary for filler, microneedling, and threads, but no anesthesia is needed so you can return to your life immediately.
- Lower Cost: The cost is much lower than a surgical facelift.
- Temporary: While traditional facelifts last up to 10 years, non-surgical facelift results last anywhere from a few months to two years. Because the results are less permanent and more subtle than a traditional facelift, you have the opportunity to try a new look in a low stakes way!
Cons of a Non-Surgical Facelift Alternative:
- Moderate Results: If you are looking for a dramatic, head-turning, obvious new look, the non-surgical facelift may not deliver–at least not right away. While effective, the results from the combination of these non-invasive procedures are moderate and subtle and may require multiple procedures to achieve desired results.
- Costs Can Add Up Over Time: The immediate cost of a non-surgical facelift is much lower than its surgical counterpart, but the costs add up due to the need for regular maintenance. Over time, the non-invasive alternative may cost more than surgery.
- Maintenance is Required: While Non-Surgical Facelifts demand less time and less money up front, they are not permanent and require regular maintenance. Most components of a Non-Surgical Facelift must be repeated every few months.
It is important to note that some components of the non-surgical facelift require less and less maintenance over time. For example, as Botox relaxes the muscles and less wrinkles form, you may find yourself needing less and less Botox at each appointment. Similarly, hyaluronic acid dermal fillers stimulate collagen production, so wrinkles don’t return to their original state, and lips remain more plump than when you started.
If you would like to restore youthful glow to your face without going under the knife, you’re in luck! The Non-Surgical Facelift is cost effective, requires little downtime, and causes little to no pain.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and start developing your custom plan for a Non-Surgical Facelift!
xoxo Rachel and Ryan